- 1.5 kilograms turkey breast, skin on (bone-in)
- 1 ½ navel orange (cut into quarters)
- 1 ½ yellow onion (cut into quarters)
- 1 ⅛ tsp sea salt (divided)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1 ½ tsp fresh sage (finely chopped)
- 1 ½ tbsp rosemary (finely chopped)
- 2 ¼ tbsp thyme (finely chopped, divided)
- 1 cup water
- 9 carrots (medium, peeled, roughly chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 425 F (218C). Arrange the orange and onion quarters in a large baking dish or a roasting pan.
- Season the turkey breast on all sides with two-thirds of the salt. Place the seasoned turkey breast on top of the orange and onion in the baking dish.
- In a small mixing bowl combine half of the oil with the sage, rosemary and two- thirds of the thyme. Spoon the oil mixture evenly over top of the turkey breast.
- Add the water to the bottom of the baking dish then bake the turkey breast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the carrots on the baking sheet and season with the remaining oil and salt.
- After the turkey has cooked for 20 minutes, reduce the oven to 350oF (176oC).
- Place the carrots in the oven with the turkey. Continue cooking for 30 to 40 minutes or until the turkey is cooked through, the skin is brown and crispy and the carrots are cooked. Be sure to add more water to the pan if it evaporates too quickly or if the pan juices start to burn.
- Let the turkey rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing. Season the roasted carrots with the remaining thyme. Divide the turkey and carrots between plates and enjoy.