Craving a delicious cheesecake without derailing your healthy eating goals? Look no further! This low-calorie and high-protein blueberry cheesecake recipe is the perfect guilt-free treat. Packed with protein and bursting with the vibrant flavor of blueberries, this dessert will satisfy your sweet tooth while keeping you on track with your dietary aspirations. Let’s dive into the recipe and discover how to create this delightful and nutritious blueberry cheesecake.
- 1 cup of light cream cheese
- 1 ⅔ cups of low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of stevia (or preferred sweetener)
- 3 tablespoons of protein powder (vanilla or unflavored)
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon of cornflour mixed with water
- 1 crushed graham cracker
- In a blender cup, combine the light cream cheese, low-fat Greek yogurt, egg, vanilla extract, stevia (or your preferred sweetener), and protein powder. Blend the mixture until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking dish with parchment paper and pour the blended mixture into the dish.
- Add ⅓ cup of the frozen blueberries into the cheesecake batter. Gently swirl them into the mixture to create a marbled effect.
- Bake the cheesecake in the preheated oven for approximately 25 minutes, or until the edges are set and the center is slightly jiggly.
- Once baked, remove the cheesecake from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Then, transfer it to the refrigerator and allow it to chill for at least one hour. Chilling will help the cheesecake set and develop a firm texture.
- While the cheesecake is chilling, prepare the blueberry topping. In a pan over medium heat, combine the remaining frozen blueberries with the cornflour mixed with water. Stir the mixture until it thickens and the blueberries release their juices, creating a luscious blueberry sauce.
- Once the cheesecake has chilled, carefully pour the blueberry sauce over the top, spreading it evenly.
- Finally, sprinkle the crushed graham cracker on top of the blueberry sauce, adding a delightful crunch to each bite.
- Slice the cheesecake into portions and serve chilled. Enjoy the guilt-free indulgence of this low-calorie and high-protein blueberry cheesecake!